Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Busy, busy, busy! :: October 16, 2007

Today finds me in DC...well, Alexandria, VA to be exact. I'm helping my best friend with her remodel. Since her daughter married and moved to Texas, she's been trying to get her house in shape so she can put it on the market. Her goal is to retire in Hawaii. Now that's a nice goal!

I'm also starting a new contract and in addition to the new contract, I'll be working on projects at the park. I have plenty to keep me busy for the next month. My plan is to make enough denero ($$) to get my medical bills paid and out of the way so I can get traveling to a warmer climate before it gets super cold up here. My coach gets downright frigid when the mercury drops below 32 degrees.

I have to admit, the weather has been much warmer than usual here and I'm loving it! We've had perfect beach weather over at the Cape for the entire month of October. The locals aren't happy, but seeing as how I'm from Florida, this weather suits me fine. The weather may be warm now...but it won't stay this way much longer. In the meantime, I plan to get my Jeep out on the sand as much as possible and enjoy this fabulous fall weather!

I'm loving my stay at Cape Henlopen State Park. Everyone there is wonderful! They are so nice, very laid back and I enjoy working with them, very much. Just this past Saturday night the Friends of Cape Henlopen had their Wine, Beer and Cheese tasting. It was a smashing success! I enjoyed meeting new people and helping with the event. For me the best part of being at CHSP is helping as a camp host/volunteer. It's a great feeling to be of service and to help make a difference.

The season is really starting to wind down now...although post Labor day has been very busy because of the warm weather, so there's been lots to do. Not only do I host at the Youth Camps up by the Point, but I've also been driving the golf cart around, picking up trash, I've been sweeping sidewalks and doing odds and ends to help keep the park spotless for our visitors. When I get back, I'll have plenty to do: making lists of things needing repair in the Youth Camps, redesigning the Youth Camp check in books, and I'm going to help build a database too.

So, until its time for me to move on, I'm making myself useful!

I've been looking for places down South or out West to hang for the winter season, but nothings jelled yet. I've had a couple of interesting prospects, but I have a feeling that when the time is right, God will give me a sign...as always...and then I'll be on my way.

Until then...it's just one day at a time!

No comments: