Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you in 2008! I wish you much joy and great prosperity in the coming new year!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Whew! I am soooooo glad the holidays are over! It was fun to see my friends, but it was good to make it back home and to sleep in my very own bed after many miles of driving and a great deal of eating, drinking and merriment!

I was in Baltimore and Philly for Christmas. Lots of driving and I also worked from my laptop most of the holiday as I'm a technical consultant working on a contract for the U.S. Army now. I made it to church in Baltimore with my best "boy friend" John on Christmas Eve and I must say that was the highlight of my entire holiday season! The service at the Baltimore Unitarian Universalist Church was amazing...it was so moving I cried! John and I looked great all dressed up for church...!

In the meantime, I love my consulting job...it keeps me busy and I can do it from anywhere in the country as long as I have a secure internet connection and a cell signal. As a matter of fact, I'm leaving the Mid-Atlantic (finally) as I've accepted a camp host position in San Antonio, TX. I start the first week in February through June. I feel this new position is a blessing. When I called, the resort manager said she had my workamper resume out on her desk and was looking at it. How about that? Pretty cool!!

I work 24 hours a week and get free electricity, water, and sewer; free WiFi, free cable television, and a $10 weekly laundry allowance. I also get a place to park all my vehicles (I'll be towing the Jeep and flying back north to drive the car down), a nice big site for my motor coach and the manager agreed to a 24 hour per week flex schedule so I can work on my gov't contracts, no problem!

I'll be finished with my Delaware State Parks commitment mid January and then it'll be time to roll out. I'm starting to really get excited about going south. I'm no big fan of cold weather, and I would have stayed up north to help out at the park, (TONS of work to done there) but the park manager decided not to have winter season hosts. I've been invited back in the spring, but with gas prices being so high I'm not sure I'll be back up this way. I've been wanting to get out to California, so I may spend my summer on the West Coast. It's not June yet, so I have no idea where I'm headed after San Antonio...serendipity...I LOVE IT!

San Antonio has been at the top of my list as a place I want to check out as I hear it's very nice there. Much to explore, lots to do and see...a new adventure for me. Also, Austin is another place I've always wanted to visit, so I get 2 for 1! I have a pen pal in Austin which makes it all that much better because I'll have a friend nearby. Also, my best friend's daughter lives in Austin.

I'm convinced that going to San Antonio is part of God's plan for me, so...T-E-X-A-S...here I come!

Until next time!

Hugs,
Barb :-D

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Miss ya! Great to hear about your job.