Monday, November 10, 2008

I made it...yippee!

I made it to Palm Springs today! I woke up at 4 am and took my time...had breakfast and did a little shopping at the Flying J in Barstow. I left at 7:00 am. The weather was perfect! I took a short-cut across the desert to avoid Monday morning traffic in L.A. / San Bernardino. It was a great ride all the way down. It was beautiful and uneventful, the roads were in great condition, smooth sailing. A few of the hills were daunting and I was down to 25 mph a couple of times with the "toads".

(Toads = tow dolly containing car and motorcycle = 5,000 pounds towing.)

Here's the route:

I shot down 5 South to 18 East through Apple valley (lots of lights, but nice wide roads), continued East on 247 to Yucca valley (down to 2 lanes), then headed South on 62 through Morongo Valley and...voila! I'm in Palm Springs!

I arrived at 9:30 this morning.

Now the work begins. It's time to level the coach and set up the yard. I'll post pictures when I'm all settled in.

Hugs,
Barb

PS: YAY, I'M HERE!

No comments: