Sunday, November 9, 2008

On the road to Palm Springs!

Hey,

Just wanted to give you an update from the road to let you know how my journey's going. Sunday is a great day to drive! There's been very little traffic. The weather was sunny all the way down to SoCal until I hit Central Valley south of Pasa Robles area...then it was clouds and rain until Bakersfield.

I've just pulled into Barstow. I left the river at 8 this morning and got to Barstow at 8 pm....12 hours on the road. I have just 2 more hours before I hit Palm Springs. I'm at a Flying J, and I plan to boon-dock here tonight and drive the rest of the way in the morning. Also, a hot shower and hot food sound like heaven...and they have both here.

So far it's been a good trip...I napped for an hour at a rest stop on the 5 and stopped at a cute little Mexican Restaurant in Tehachapi, CA for a bite to eat earlier. I've only had to cross over mountains once, otherwise it's been flat all the way.

Ahhh...it feels good to be horizontal on the couch. Thank heavens for lap tops!

Closing for now...
Big hugs,
Barb :-)

No comments: